Thursday, July 1, 2010

ahhh, I love the army.

Yesterday we were informed that we would be starting shifts today 2 people with rotating NCOs during the day 3 people who have never deployed before during the night. wait so, people who are higher ranking and have deployed before and have more experience during the day, with supervision and assistance should they need it, together; and people who have never deployed before during the more active time (for my job anyways) without help supervision or experience. WOW good planning on that part. Anyways preparing for night shift I stayed up all night and went to bed around 3. Sleeping in I am awoken by a knock at the door. It's my section chief telling me I might not be starting shift tonight anyways, and wondering why I am sleeping. Now nothing against my NCOs, but this is exactly why I hate the whole bureaucracy thing, if we were all informed on an even level this wouldn't have happened. It's like a constant game of telephone (Courtesy of Lady Gaga) except we get to play with guns. So misinformation + diplomatic immunity + immense amounts of killing power = not a smart combo. Anyway I am shocked that this section is so well organized seeing how we are forced to act. Well I guess I should apologize seeing as my NCOs can read this. I know it isn't their fault but I tend to blame them considering I am not allowed to talk to anyone else above them.

Go destroy all records of Lady Gaga's music before it takes over the world
(Disclaimer: Don't actually. Just try to get Telephone out of your head by listening to Bad Romance [gotcha twice there haha!])

No comments: